About Me

My photo
Welcome to my humble abode. Feel free to sit down a while and warm yourself by my fire. I write here mainly to inspire, encourage, perhaps confront, to empower, and to change. If you leave with a lighter step, an answer to a question, really questioning long held ideas that may not be taking you where you need to go, or with a lot of new things to consider, I will have done my job. Please enjoy your stay. With love, ~Mother Star

Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

NEVER! GIVE! UP! - Entering 2015: Things I Am Thankful For

2014 has had its ups and downs, as we all have probably experienced.
Last year ended in a much worse state for me than this one, despite the setbacks of these past four months.
The last three months of last year were worse, and the first three of this year almost unspeakable.
One year ago, I was feeling like I was back where I started, except I had to keep reminding myself a couple of things were better and different, There was more of a beginning going on and more hope. I had an online job, editing video for a Doctor in MA who  was trying to help people get off of drugs. He was trying to get his message out, and I was one of the people trying to help him do it.
I/have more to be hopeful about now then I did then. Some of the progress I was pursing late last year, that was interrupted by sheer hell, is now being resumed in a different place, with a better support system. I was enrolled in Black Hawk College for graphic art, but had to drop the week before classes started. I could be returning to RCC on the 12th. I need to see if it will impact RCIA, hopefully not, and verify how I will get home from school if I take that fourth class that would put me at full time. and whether it is an option to go part-time if needed. If not,I will do it online, through Ashworth College.
I was going to do RCIA last year, but missed the first class and thought I had to be there for it to do it at all. Now I am doing RCIA which I had been wanting to get done for about two years.
The thing I am most thankful for is having people who love me,
I also have access to therapy.
It is almost certain I am going to buy this house. I have wanted a house of my own desperately since I was little. I have wanted this house since I started working on it in 2010. I'm just a few steps away from that, now.
I have found more direction for what to do with my writing, and am waiting to hear about whether or not I will be published. THAT has never happened before ever.
I have a piano in my house now, so when I can resume lessons and such, I have something adequate to work with. That was a huge obstacle that stood in my path for a long time.
Since about 2004 or 2005 I have been interested in doing real estate.
I have the know how to get started from nothing, although it will possibly take time to get that off the ground. I at least know how to do it and have the tools needed to succeed - except a respectable vehicle. That part is coming soon if I can get into RCC this year, which I most likely can.

If we do get the vehicle, it has to be a truck, so Matt and myself can do scrap metal as well. I am not against helping people move either, for some compensation.


No comments:

Post a Comment