About Me

My photo
Welcome to my humble abode. Feel free to sit down a while and warm yourself by my fire. I write here mainly to inspire, encourage, perhaps confront, to empower, and to change. If you leave with a lighter step, an answer to a question, really questioning long held ideas that may not be taking you where you need to go, or with a lot of new things to consider, I will have done my job. Please enjoy your stay. With love, ~Mother Star

Blog Archive

Friday, December 5, 2014

NEVER! GIVE! UP! - Stop and Smell the . . . Onions!?

Well, tough times do not last, just tough people.
My car is not working and I think it's probably done-for. Kelly Blue Book quoted it as worth $400 in good condition, it's in bad condition, so... Oh, well. I try to look on the bright side. If I no longer have a car, I no longer have to pay for gas and insurance.
That means I can save that much and use it to begin utilizing what I am learning in this investing course I just got. I am around 30 pages into the 119 page book. It's very informative and down-to-earth, and easy to understand. I already have found a few things I actually could do, even in this situation. I want to finish reading the book the first time before I contact the mentor, though.
I have another one-day assignment from Exact Staff tomorrow. Next week I am supposed to meet Cathy for coffee and tell her about some of the factories here in town. Akorn keeps needing people. They are very hard to get get on, supposedly. I tried and got nowhere, but my application expired last week so I can probably try again. They are hard to get on but always need people and have a high turnover rate. I think I will wait and let Cathy try to get a contract with them, it sounds like they could use the help in figuring out their HR needs.
I also have been offered a writing job this weekend and am working on that.
It's all about getting through the winter, Decatur economy gets better and bills go down in Spring and especially in Summer.
In my indoor garden, my lettuce is dying. My plant freak friend tells me it needs more light. Two grow-lights are not enough then, for lettuce. Aspiring indoor gardeners take note.

I believe there will not be anything I can eat from this garden this winter, but there will be stuff I can plant next year, especially onions. The beans are doing ok, no flowers yet, but it may be too early.  The onions are doing reasonably well, the tallest stem is getting ready to blossom. Loads of little buds have unfolded from the one large bud. I thought those were the petals at first and though, "My, what a hideous flower!" Nope, its other buds that will be flowers later and will give me seeds to plant. I will be planting seeds I grew myself and then harvesting onions I grew myself from the seeds that I grew. That's pretty cool. Gotta get through winter to get to Spring and that's exactly what I'm doing.



No comments:

Post a Comment