About Me

My photo
Welcome to my humble abode. Feel free to sit down a while and warm yourself by my fire. I write here mainly to inspire, encourage, perhaps confront, to empower, and to change. If you leave with a lighter step, an answer to a question, really questioning long held ideas that may not be taking you where you need to go, or with a lot of new things to consider, I will have done my job. Please enjoy your stay. With love, ~Mother Star

Blog Archive

Monday, December 15, 2014

NEVER! GIVE! UP! - More Focus and More Answers,

It's been a really rough couple of days.
More thinking and more things to consider. I found I was still stretched a bit thin, even with reducing my "hats" with regard to writing.
I had an appointment with people who help people find jobs last week, and in the next couple of days we will begin the hunt for a part-time job locally.
As far as self-employment type of goals, I am narrowing down my focus to the investment course I bought last month. I can only do one thing at a time, not two.
I've done more praying, and I've been reading about Teresa of Avilla, and it is really helping me. In some ways, though I am not ill, I can relate to her. I  am inspired by her even in areas where I cannot relate to her, too. It has helped me spiritually, which is an area where I sometimes feel parched. It was very enriching to volunteer with Perpetual Adoration on Wednesday mornings,but since I have no wheels at present, that is simply not possible. Without it, I have felt very weak and starved spiritually and less close to God. Reading the story of her life has helped my prayer life and has lifted me up in that area.
It has still been very discouraging to be in Decatur like this over winter. In a way, I needed this time of rest, but in some ways it has not been rest. I'm not lifting a quarter to a half of my weight continually for 12 hours and driving an hour each way to work, and my body has needed that recovery time. However, I have not needed the stress from all the things I have had to deal with through this period.
I stand tall,and string, and dedicated to my dreams and goals, in spite of tough times and repeated discouragements. This time of year is very hard on many people. I pray you are all holding up in spite of anything. Never give up.

Godspeed.


~Mother Star

No comments:

Post a Comment