About Me

My photo
Welcome to my humble abode. Feel free to sit down a while and warm yourself by my fire. I write here mainly to inspire, encourage, perhaps confront, to empower, and to change. If you leave with a lighter step, an answer to a question, really questioning long held ideas that may not be taking you where you need to go, or with a lot of new things to consider, I will have done my job. Please enjoy your stay. With love, ~Mother Star

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Adventures in RCIA - Communion/The Eucharist and Perpetual Adoration

Hi,
I am Mother Star, and I am joining the Catholic Church. I have been protestant most of my life, and have been involved in ministry in Protestant churches and ministries, up to and including preaching on one occasion.
Advenetures in RCIA is about finding God in Catholicism, and how Catholicism is the same or differs from protestantism of various types. Naturally, I can only go with what I have been exposed to, and I have not attended every church in the world. These comparisons are a synopsis of what I know and believe, based on my experiences in multiple churches and my own walk with God. You might have a different experience. I respect that, and appreciate your respecting mine.

Adventures in RCIA is not, I repeat in NOT  an attempt to convert more people to Catholicism. I do not like the term "convert" used in this sense anyway. I do not feel like I am converting to anything; I am moving on in my walk with God, learning more about God and the worldwide church family I have long been a part of, and approaching or experiencing God in - for me - a new and fresh way. That's what's going on with me and Catholicism, just to make that clear.






I am going to include a video with this post, but it may take sometime to finish, so I will add that when it is complete.
Thanks and God bless

~Mother Star















No comments:

Post a Comment