About Me

My photo
Welcome to my humble abode. Feel free to sit down a while and warm yourself by my fire. I write here mainly to inspire, encourage, perhaps confront, to empower, and to change. If you leave with a lighter step, an answer to a question, really questioning long held ideas that may not be taking you where you need to go, or with a lot of new things to consider, I will have done my job. Please enjoy your stay. With love, ~Mother Star

Blog Archive

Sunday, January 25, 2015

On the Conflict in the Middle East

Here's what I have so far for my middle Eastern global awareness project in Painting class. It's due Jan. 26th at 3 pm. I needed to touch it up a bit, improve the quality When the snapshot was taken. 

I used a black and white pattern and added Stars of David and a red crisscross weaving.
The red can represent blood, the stars of David and the Pattern in the back are inter-locked by the red, symbolizing the pain and bloodshed on both/all sides of all the conflict out that way now, and how everybody there is likely feeling many of the same things. Everybody's afraid of somebody, worried about violence and their family and what will happen if this or that group comes to power or comes to their area. Some feel a war against the other people is necessary, some people know that violence just makes everything worse. Feeing the same things usually binds people together, though in this case that doesn't usually seem to be working.... 

All humans are really related to each other if you go back far enough, so in a way we are all "brothers". Abraham is the common ancestor of all these people, so that is another way that this is a war between relatives.
The red could also represent the blood of Christ with the power to redeem everyone and all things, to make all things new and make all people, even the most contentious, part of one big family. Jesus was Jewish. That's what the Abrahamic Covenant and the Blessing and the Law and the Prophets was all about. Through that nation, all nations would be blessed, and we have been, through Christ Jesus.


I guess its a pretty controversial picture, once I explain it...



I pray for God's comfort and for the ministry of his angels for everyone affected, directly or indirectly,by this conflict. I pray for salvation and restoration at every level. I pray for an end to all war-mongering, fear-mongering, and hate-mongering by those who profess Christ as their God and Savior. I stand with Pope Francis and others around the world in prayer for peace.

Godspeed.

~Mother Star


No comments:

Post a Comment