About Me

My photo
Welcome to my humble abode. Feel free to sit down a while and warm yourself by my fire. I write here mainly to inspire, encourage, perhaps confront, to empower, and to change. If you leave with a lighter step, an answer to a question, really questioning long held ideas that may not be taking you where you need to go, or with a lot of new things to consider, I will have done my job. Please enjoy your stay. With love, ~Mother Star

Blog Archive

Friday, January 23, 2015

A Charismatic Discernment Test

A DISCERNMENT TEST!!
You don't have to take it if you don't want to, just if you're interested.
I have met, and read books by, people who say they can always tell the spirit of a song, outside of the beat and the instrumentation and what have you, even regardless of lyrics. they know if its Christian or not, and if its in the "right/wrong spirit."
This is mainly for people who would agree that they have a very reliable compass in this area. Without looking up anything, and without looking at the pictures, is this song a Christian song? It is not in English, so the lyrics will not tell you much. You don't have to post the answer here, lest it be wrong and someone be embarrassed... I won't rib anybody either way, I just want to know if anyone can really tell.
I will post another one in the comments, in the same language and similar genre, and you figure out (if you want to) which of the two is a Christian song, without looking at it or looking anything up.
I 'll give the answers in a few days.
If you can't stand rock it might not work at all because both of them will just drive you crazy...
This is just a discernment test for those who feel they can reliably sense such things, or who wonder if they can. Also no offense is intended.
 If you already know either of these bands, the test will not work.

If anyone out there knows somebody that claims they can do this kind of thing and is always wrong, perhaps bothering on you constantly about what you listen to, you might give them this test,

Now,remember not to look anything up.
First song:

Second song:

Happy vibe-checking...
Godspeed.

~Mother Star

No comments:

Post a Comment