About Me

My photo
Welcome to my humble abode. Feel free to sit down a while and warm yourself by my fire. I write here mainly to inspire, encourage, perhaps confront, to empower, and to change. If you leave with a lighter step, an answer to a question, really questioning long held ideas that may not be taking you where you need to go, or with a lot of new things to consider, I will have done my job. Please enjoy your stay. With love, ~Mother Star

Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

NEVER! GIVE! UP! - When God Answers Prayer

I am back in school, this time for Graphic Art. I asked God to make it clear I am on the right path this time.
The grant money for my books has not come in the mail, and this is the second week of classes. I was thinking I might be getting my signal that this was not it. That was scary because otherwise I had no clue what "it" was! I found I had just enough to get what I needed for class tomorrow so that I would not get in trouble with my teacher. I still needed one more book, the one for Z-Brush, a 3D graphic art program.

A WORD ON Z-BRUSH: My teacher says that the way trends and demand in graphic art go, new things take off on the East and West Coast and then move inland until it is just expected and required everywhere. 3D, especially Z-Brush, is as important as Photoshop on both of the coasts already.
I am right smack in the center of the country, so for me to know Z-Brush is going to put me ahead. I am very thankful to be learning it my first semester here. Even the community college in Champaign, one of the best in the nation for graphic art, only emphasizes photoshop and the 2D industry standards like that. That gives me a lot more hope for employment when I finish here! 

Well, as far as an answered prayer, a dear friend came over and asked me how much I needed for my last book. I told him and he said he felt like God wanted him to help me get it now. He said not to stress about paying him back,do it when I am comfortable enough to do so. He was asking me questions and making sure I was on the right track before he helped me carry on with it. I said, "I asked God to stop me if this was not what I should be doing. So if you feel anything weird, do not help me. This could be my sign to stop." He said, "I had a green light all the way here. I was called to do this. Is this really all you need?"
Yep. Now there is absolutely nothing left that can stop me. The last day to drop without owing fees is this Friday. My friend coming to help me put an end to the very last possible obstacle. My sign for what I should be doing is set in stone now. 
I am thankful that I am studying this right before Z-Brush starts to become the standard and the bigger art school is still focusing on 2D only. I will be more desirable to hire if I can focus on Z-Brush for my portfolio, evidently. Good to know I am at the right place and on the right track.

Hopefully I can be sharing some screenshots of my 3D work pretty soon.
I also hope some of this info has helped someone else figure out what they need to do in the world of Graphic Art.

Godspeed.

~ Mother Star



No comments:

Post a Comment