About Me

My photo
Welcome to my humble abode. Feel free to sit down a while and warm yourself by my fire. I write here mainly to inspire, encourage, perhaps confront, to empower, and to change. If you leave with a lighter step, an answer to a question, really questioning long held ideas that may not be taking you where you need to go, or with a lot of new things to consider, I will have done my job. Please enjoy your stay. With love, ~Mother Star

Blog Archive

Thursday, January 15, 2015

NEVER! GIVE! UP! - My Miracle Baby is Now Working Again!

My car was down for over a month. I thought it was junk. It is now working again. I took it to go get gas. and it rides better than it did. When the temperature is above freezing, the suspension work right on all four wheels.

An idiot drilled out one of the ends on the battery cables, and I planned to replace them.
Replacing battery cables on this car is the first job on it I have ever balked at. When I got a look at what was going on int here, they run into the main wiring harness for the whole car and are stuffed inside conduit containing many major wires and cables for important functions. I dared not try it with my novice skills. That wiring system looked like a mess and I would have had to take all the conduit off and replace it... Not happening right now.
After replacing the old and badly damaged positive battery terminal, I found that the end on the positive cable would not fit over it. Someone had drilled the negative side out and made it too big,then the positive side had a cable connector that was too small. There was not enough slack to cut the old ends of and still make new ones reach. We measured the terminal bolts and the cable-end holes and found that switching them and repainting the terminals would work. Then I realized the battery posts were different sizes and that would not work. The old terminal that I replaced fell apart, literally, and could not be used again by any means.
Replacing the cables was not an option, changing the terminals would not work, reversing the existing terminals would not work either. No going back to the old terminal. At my wits end,and I hate to say I did this, I ended up drilling out the other cable-end and making it fit on the positive side.
The car started and I took it to a gas station for some fuel and gave it some injector cleaner.
I went by St. Mary's where I used to be part of the Perpetual Adoration project there, and would go to pray.
I did not stop there to pray, but soon I will. I look forward to getting that going again.



Praise God for little steps, and big ones.

Godspeed.

~Mother Star

No comments:

Post a Comment